Boost Mobile - Unauthorized charge made to Visa Card
Boost Mobile made an unauthorized charge with a Visa credit card I had on file with them. Payments for me are due by the 16th of every month. In the past I have always manually made payments online. Due to a recent change in finances (laid-off, waiting for unemployment check) I did not make my payment for November. My phone service should have been disconnected.
To my surprise it rang this Monday morning (Nov. 18th). After my phone call, I got online to check my Boost Mobile account. Sure enough, monthly bill paid, next one due 12/16/2013. How could this be? I'm not enrolled in auto Reboost. Next looked at my online bank account information. Sunday, November 17th, Boost Mobile initiated a $53.00 charge to my Checking Account using my Visa card I had on file with them. This had unfortunately bounced my checking account incurring another $39.00 bounce fee.
Fumed, I immediately called Boost Mobile's customer service center to have it rectified and charges reversed.
1 1/2 hours later with 2 Customer Service Representatives, Credit Card/Billing Department, and 1 Supervisor...NOTHING got resolved. Each person I spoke with gave me a different story of how AND when I supposedly "enrolled" my Visa card in their auto- pay according to "their records".
Every person danced around the simple fact that my online Boost Mobile account showed that I WAS NOT enrolled in their auto-pay (Screenshot image of this is shown).
Is this to become common practice? Store credit card information for unauthorized future charges? I'm canceling my credit card AND their service.
Thanks to these crooks, I'll be out of pocket $78 total for bouncing fees atop of BoostMobile's $53 payment. CUSTOMERS BEWARE of giving your credit card information to these people!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Credit Card Charge
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The company charges you $90.00 a year and promises you if you get the premium membership you will have a better chance of being cast in a Hollywood movie which..."
- "I am a college student that budgets well and spends very little money, so I rarely check my bank account because I never have to worry about running low. My..."
- "All they had to do is install a DISH dish, disconnect the Directv dish and connect the cable to the new dish. Instead they drilled holes, ran cables, cut cables,..."
- "I ordered a Nikon D610 Camera Body w/ accessories bundle this week. I received the item and it came in a box with absolutely ZERO bubble wrap and all of..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."