Boost Mobile - Unauthorized charge made to Visa Card
Boost Mobile made an unauthorized charge with a Visa credit card I had on file with them. Payments for me are due by the 16th of every month. In the past I have always manually made payments online. Due to a recent change in finances (laid-off, waiting for unemployment check) I did not make my payment for November. My phone service should have been disconnected.
To my surprise it rang this Monday morning (Nov. 18th). After my phone call, I got online to check my Boost Mobile account. Sure enough, monthly bill paid, next one due 12/16/2013. How could this be? I'm not enrolled in auto Reboost. Next looked at my online bank account information. Sunday, November 17th, Boost Mobile initiated a $53.00 charge to my Checking Account using my Visa card I had on file with them. This had unfortunately bounced my checking account incurring another $39.00 bounce fee.
Fumed, I immediately called Boost Mobile's customer service center to have it rectified and charges reversed.
1 1/2 hours later with 2 Customer Service Representatives, Credit Card/Billing Department, and 1 Supervisor...NOTHING got resolved. Each person I spoke with gave me a different story of how AND when I supposedly "enrolled" my Visa card in their auto- pay according to "their records".
Every person danced around the simple fact that my online Boost Mobile account showed that I WAS NOT enrolled in their auto-pay (Screenshot image of this is shown).
Is this to become common practice? Store credit card information for unauthorized future charges? I'm canceling my credit card AND their service.
Thanks to these crooks, I'll be out of pocket $78 total for bouncing fees atop of BoostMobile's $53 payment. CUSTOMERS BEWARE of giving your credit card information to these people!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Credit Card Charge
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "MANTHISSITESUCKS.com singsnapsucks2.com Malicious and Libelous Activity Internet http://www.ripoffreport.com/questionable-activities/manthissitesucks-com/manthissitesucks-com-singsnaps-68fad.htm 3Author3Consumer0Employee/Owner Report Details MANTHISSITESUCKS.com 1902 Pueble Drive Internet United States of America Phone: 9514913283 Web: www.singsnapsucks2.com/ Category: Questionable Activities ArbitrateSet the record straight! Singsnapsucks2.com changed to MANTHISSITESUCKS.com is a hate site..."
- "Hello, I wanted to write a quick report on Ryan Maynard and his terrible copied program Online Profits For Newbies which used to be called Online profits For Dummies and he..."
- "I decided to sell my old Iphone 4S and came upon the CashforIphone web site. After submitting information about my phone, model, RAM size, condition, etc. the site came..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."