Original review Jun 23, 2023
I had a mobile hotspot service with Boost, which gave me 50Gb a month for $50. At some point, Boost switched carriers, and made me get a new device. I had heard rumors about plan changes, so when I chatted with their rep, I made sure to get confirmation from them that my plan will not change. Of course, once I called to get the new device activated, I was told my plan is now 35Gb for $50. Since I had a confirmation number from my earlier chat, I was able to get them to honor that and stayed with my 50Gb plan. Fast-forward a year. I get an email from Boost telling me they're upgrading their website and new account control options will be available - I need to log in and update my credentials. I did so, and several days later (on or about May 28) got confirmation that I now have access to the new interface. I log in, and discover that my $50, 50Gb hotspot data-only plan is now a $50 PHONE plan, with 35Gb of data, and 12Gb available for hotspot usage. On June 1 I got an email saying I'd used up 10.2GB of hotspot data and was running out. I logged in to check usage, and the usage summary showed an obvious error: Even though the account clearly showed I only have 12GB of hotspot, I had somehow used 23GB out of 24 GB while at the same time using only 12GB out of my overall data... (see uploaded image) I called and spoke to someone. She was very understanding but told me she couldn't do anything on the account. However, she had contacted the higher-ups and was told this would be corrected within 24 hours, and that the limit on hotspot usage will be removed immediately (I was holding at 10.5Gb by then). She kept repeating the term "new Boost", which made me wonder what was going on, but I didn't pursue it.June 2, my connection stopped, and I got an email saying I was over the 12Gb. I called again, and spent 30 minutes talking to someone, who came back to tell me that she will be directing me to "Linkzone". Linkzone is the model name of my hotspot device. I raised that point but she was adamant that I needed to speak to "Linkzone". After getting nowhere with her, I demanded to speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold, and hung up on me. I called again. Spent more time with another rep, got nowhere with him, and asked to speak to a supervisor. After nearly 15 minutes of wait time for the supervisor, the rep told me that the supervisor couldn't access my account, and that I'd need to call again. This being on a Friday afternoon, and being Sabbath observant, I couldn't do until Sunday. June 4. I call again. Speak to a rep and immediately demand to speak to a supervisor. Wait time again. Finally got to someone who introduced herself as the supervisor. Went over the issue again, and finally was told that this needs to be handled by upper echelons and that I would be getting a response from them via my email on account. She couldn't be specific about the time-frame, but assured me it would be within a few days. It is now June 23. I have not gotten any response from them. I stopped my auto-pay on the account, and right now the account is suspended for no-pay and probably pending closing. Not that I mind, as I've switched to a different provider. I am still going to give them one more call to try and demand recompense. During these conversations, I kept asking what "new Boost" is, and kept getting conflicting and confusing replies. They tried to make it sound like they were switching the billing team, but it looks more like there was some under-the-table ownership and customer shuffling that the customers were never told about and is still being hushed up. Bottom line: Boost has slammed my account, lied to me several times, promised response but never did it, and is short-changing their customers.