2.2

Visited two different Boost stores, received conflicting information. Decided to go online to get information about phones, the online information does not collaborate with any information I received from either store.

Called customer service having problems getting into website, she told me to wait an hour.

Hour later same problem, called customer service again and gentleman said just a minute and returned me back to automated service. Called again and asked to talk to manager, had to explain the story 5 times for him to understand the problem I am having (to buy a cell phone online for discounted price - manager offered one solution that would cost me more.

Product or Service Mentioned: Boost Mobile Customer Care.

Preferred solution: At least 2nd call customer service offer same price online for phone. Should not take 4 hours and 5 phone calls and the situation is still not resolved.

Boost Mobile Pros: Reasonable priced service.

Boost Mobile Cons: Very poor customer service.

Comments

I visited the local Boost Mobile store located at 712 E. Avalon St., Kuna Idaho, 83634 on Sunday evening 2/11/18 and after remaining in the store for over 2+hrs after closing my wife and I left with 2 IPhone 6s at a cost of $50 each.

Seems the push was on for the IPhone as opposed to much discussion about one of the NO COST phones offered with a service changeover; Kino made mention he was "all about the sale" and then added as an afterthought "but we're good with customer service".

I revisited the same store on 2/16/18 to advise that I was unhappy with the IPhone operation; at that time, I was told I would need to speak with the original salesman "Kino Martinez " to discussed a return. I had to leave town over the weekend and was unable to return until today 2/19/18. It seems this Kino wasn't as attuned to discuss a return, pretended to make a call to someone and then told me that I would now need to pay full price for the phone I originally wanted and that he couldn't return the IPhone despite what the paperwork claims; adding insult to injury he pretended to not even recognize me and at first denied that I purchased the phones in this location until I showed him the receipt which he didn't even look at; seemed a bit odd given the limited foot traffic this store gets in a rural location.

I will note it does say 7 days which would have been yesterday.... doesn’t say seven business days...

This is the exact same "used car salesman get them while they are hot approach" I have experienced with Metro PC, ATT, T-Mobile, and ATT; e.g. as long as the company is on the cash receivables end then it’s all well & good, any type of customer service or responsibility after the fact is negligible.

In my world we used to make fun of those guys.

This is the precise reason I made this recent change in cell service providers in the first place noting I SPECIFICALLY asked about after sales service noting previous experiences with other mobile providers. I wish to note I observed this Kino making the same claims about this being a "good deal", "you could sell it on Craig's list for $300+", and numerous other nefarious statements to a group of potential customers (teens) while there today...

At the end of the day it seems a person can't seem to honor their verbal and/or written commitments unless there is a dollar that comes first, but I did say I would advertise for the Boost store, that's a commitment I am not a bit hesitant to follow-through with...FYI ~ the customers left the location without any phones after I called him out on his business practices...1 victory at any rate