On July 7, 2017 my friend purchased an iPhone 7 from Boost Mobile and chose the $50.00 monthly unlimited plan.Today is December 12, 2017 and she purchased another phone from a different carrier.

She offered me her iPhone 7 and I too am on a different carrier. She asked Boost to unlock the phone and they refused citing the CTIA’s unlocking policy which does state that the phone must be active for 12 months prior to becoming eligible for unlocking. Now, of course, this policy was never disclosed either verbally or in print and was buried in their terms and conditions, but caveat emptor so I offered to pre pay the remaining 9 months of $450.00. Nope, we can’t do that.

You must keep the phone for the entire 12 months. I then asked if they were allowed to accept pre payments. Oh yes, absolutely you may pre pay. Ok, so here is my credit card, bill me for 9 months and unlock the phone.

No, I can’t do that and he again cited me the CTIA policy on unlocking. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. No, there is no one around. Imagine that!

Boost Mobile is literally holding the phone hostage for reasons unknown other than to perhaps exercise some perceived power by weak minds attempting to be powerful.

This truly seems to be scurrilous and corrupt behavior by Boost Mobile and anyone thinking of doing business with them should definitely pursue other options.DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Review about: Boost Mobile Apple Cell Phone Unlock.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments