Los Angeles, California
2.6

I upgraded to the Boost mobile's 45 dollar Plan with Growing data. it includes Unlimited United States Talk, Unlimited Text and 5 GB of growing data..

The main reason I upgraded is because it includes a "Free Mobile Hotspot" with shared data. The excerpt below is from my contact agreement.

Free mobile hotspot: Mobile hotspot is now included on all plans. The data is drawn from the monthly plan’s highspeed data allotment, making it easy to turn a customer’s phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. Customers may connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices.

Boost Mobile made this available on Jan 26, 2016. I signed up for this plan on Jan 27, 2016 so that I can do homework while commuting from Work to Home on the Train or Bus.

This feature worked like a champ until it came to a screeching halt on February 5, 2016.

I have made at least 8 calls to the customer no service line. One time I spent 3 hours on the call and managed to go up 4 pass-along levels to ever higher management and supervisors.

During another call they told me this is an add on service and not included as part of their service at which time I offered to send them a copy of their own contract showing them that there was a misunderstanding. They then told me that there is no process or way to help me unless I purchase the extra services. I responded your internal bureaucratic controls are not inline with your agreement with me that I signed at the time of service.

Another time they told me I used up all of my 5 GB of data though my phone showed I only used 1.5 GB, and the data usage on their website agreed with the 1.5 GB of data usage. They kept telling me I am maxed out and once they had that in their little notes on their "Help Desk File" pertaining to me. They then began to shut me down not taking my pleading for help seriously. they treat me like "Here comes this guy again" just wasting our time.

Finely a manager reset the data usage on my account back to zero and agreed that the other customer service folks where mistaken about mobile hot spot being an add on.

Now guess what as of today Feb 26, 2016 still no Mobile Hot Spot. But they say we know there is a problem and we will get back to you when it is fixed. "Don't call us we will call you"

Anybody else not getting the Boost Mobile service they are paying for.?

signed

UGH just trying to do my homework during my commute.

Product or Service Mentioned: Boost Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

• Boost Mobile Hot Spot Not Working

Comments

quixsoft

I finally Jumped ship after 4 months of playing footsie with Boost's Help Desk.

Would you believe that within 2 weeks of jumping ship I get a please come back we miss you love note email promising me a new phone or 300.00 towards purchase of phone of my choice and 50% off service for 1 year and they would make everything right.

They did not care while they had my money. Now that I cut them off they all of a sudden care Go Figure

It looks like you can play these no contract providers off each other to get a real nice price point

Same thing with me as of today. I'm sure there's others out there. How do you solve problem?!

quixsoft

Here I am 2 months later and calling about every 7 days still no resolution, I have a "Ticket Number" as soon as the phone desk hears about my ticket number they say don't call us anymore we know about the problem.

I am still paying for a service I am not receiving. Class Action Suit anybody

Same freaking issue right now and im pissed!!! I was told over the phone since i used 1gb of my $5 add on hotspot that im not allowed to use hotspot, BUT guess what..

my plan restarted today and i also switched to the $45 5gb plan just for the data hotspot. Guess what.. its still not working and boost said its not going to work and they will send me a email with a resolution. What the heck?

This makes no sense at all because i just paid $45 freaking dollars for this new plan and what i need to work...

doesnt work and they have no answers. So now im looking to leave boost.

I have finally found someone who is experiencing the exact same thing with these lying BoosTMobile quacks...no mobile hotspot at all!

@lilmax49

Still no resolution for me and 2 more phone calls later. I will fighting for some freebees.