Hartford, Connecticut

To Whom It May Concern:

I am contacting you to search my rights as a consumer who has been abused by the service representatives of your company - Boost Mobile, and your inconsistent policies. I am copying this email to the appropriate authorities, and would like my case to be appropriately investigated as I just wasted half of my day on the phone for a simple request that I believe I was entitled to as a customer. This email will also be posted online in appropriate blogs, sent to the media, and shared with my family and friends as I believe I need to inform people to protect them of similar unfair practices towards them as consumers.

The situation is the following - I have been a Boost Mobile customer for several months and I have diligently paid my monthly balances on time, making sure that I consistently have extra money on my balance before the following period for my payment. Currently I have $71.30 on my account balance, and my next monthly payment is due on June 19, 2013 (the monthly charge is $55).

Recently I have had huge issues with my coverage - I wasn't able to have coverage at work, and then it escalated to me not being able to have coverage at home either. After several attempts to communicate with my friends and family with terrible service (they weren't able to hear me), I decided that I should switch my provider. In addition, I wanted to get the $71.30 back since I haven't used Boost Mobile's services for the following month yet and not charged my account with it. I just don't see a legitimate reason why I wouldn't be able to get money back for services I haven't used!! This to me is clear fraud and abuse of your customers.

Moreover, your service representatives keep stating contradicting things. When I call your customer service, your representatives claim that it is possible to get my money back, and then they transfer me to people who claim that there is a "no refund policy" so I wouldn't be able to get my money back. No matter how clearly I state that I do not want a refund, because I just want a bounce back of money that I haven't used yet for your services, they keep forcing a termination of the call by saying "we are sorry, we can't do anything about it, but have a nice day." When I call customer service again, they say "this is bizarre that you would get such a response, and YES, it is possible for you to get your money back since you haven't used it on our services. Let me transfer you to someone who can help"....then the "person who can help" says the previous thing and I keep getting into this devil's circle!!

One of your customer service reps, Robin - claimed she spoke personally to your credit services reps and that they assured her that it would be possible for me to get my money back. Then she asked me to ask the credit services rep to read her notes explaining this situation on my account. She transfers me to Chris who claims that he can't see notes from customer service, only notes from credit services on their end and that truly it isn't possible to get my money back. I am not sure who she spoke to, or how this whole situation happens!!

Another customer service rep gave me Boost Corporate's email address, so I am contacting you and asking for an explanation. I spoke to quite a few people in a matter of 4 hours and I keep hearing contradicting statements. I was given direct numbers, direct transfers, and I keep going through the same circle. I even spoke to a representative from Wipit (his name is Steven), and he suggested that I go to a physical store for the refund - I just don't see how this makes sense!! Some of your reps are very nice, but nevertheless - why would you waste my time saying different things, and why wouldn't I be entitled to money that I haven't used for your services yet?? How is this fair and logical? And why isn't there consistency in knowledge of your policies among your reps?? I don't really care about the money, I just care about my rights, as well as your attitude towards me as a customer, your fraud and abuse, and the unfairness of the situation.

I hope I save more people from going through the same horrible experience. I appreciate your prompt response and attention to this matter, and I appreciate proper investigation from the Department of Consumer Protection who are copied to this email. I will see what other people have to say through blogs online.

Respectfully,

Your Former Customer

Product or Service Mentioned: Boost Mobile Phone Service.

Comments